broadway san diego
The Client: Broadway San Diego
Broadway San Diego, a theatrical production company, made its debut in 1976 as “San Diego Playgoers” and has grown to become part of the Nederlander Organization, one of the country’s largest and most experienced operators of live theater. Now celebrating 40+ years, Broadway San Diego has presented over 375 shows and events, including the record-setting blockbusters THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, MISS SAIGON, THE PRODUCERS, LES MISÉRABLES, DISNEY’S THE LION KING, THE BOOK OF MORMON, HAMILTON and WICKED.
The Challenge: Unrecognizable Branding
When Mance Creative began working with Broadway San Diego in 2012 their marketing materials and web site were lackluster and outdated and, despite being one of San Diego’s top 150 businesses in the county, their branding was unrecognizable. Mance Creative came on board and was tasked with updating their brand in a way that both honored their legacy and captivated San Diego’s growing theater-going community.
The Solution: Tangible Results and a Successful Power Relationship
Starting with their company logo, Mance Creative created an entirely new brand for Broadway San Diego and completely updated all of their marketing materials, signage and online visuals. Almost immediately that same year, season ticket sales soared to record levels. Broadway San Diego was so pleased with the results of their rebranding success that they had Mance Creative redesign their website the following year.
Attention to detail was critical to ensure that every image wowed the customers who were used to being wowed by award-winning theater. Additionally, a mobile web site was created to capture a growing audience of tech-savvy customers who prefer to have information at their fingertips. With this combination of rebranding and increased accessibility across multiple platforms, Broadway San Diego continues to break sales records year after year and Mance Creative continues to be their lead graphic design firm.
- Uses the latest HTML5 and CSS3 technology;
- WordPress with enhanced and custom CMS features;
- Responsive mobile technology for increased usability on major mobile devices;
- Customized Events Management system to make the adding and removal of shows more automated and seamless;
- Clean and modern aesthetic with the main focus being on the shows;
- Updated site map for better UX;
- Large and vibrant image graphics for better user-friendliness and flow;
- CSS3 animations and hover effects for enhanced aesthetics;
- Hero image slideshow of show images and show dates;
- The ability to integrate dynamic Ticketmaster functions;
- Embedded Social Media Feeds;
- Enhanced SEO optimization;