broadway san diego
The Client: Broadway San Diego
Broadway San Diego, a theatrical production company, made its debut in 1976 as “San Diego Playgoers” and has grown to become part of the Nederlander Producing company of America, one of the country’s largest and most experienced operators of live theater. Now celebrating 40+ years, Broadway/San Diego has presented over 375 shows and events, including the record-setting blockbusters The Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, The Producers, Les Misérables, Disney’s The Lion King, The Book of Mormon and Wicked.
The Challenge: A Marketing Renovation
Mance Creative began working with Broadway San Diego in 2012 when we were given the honor of proliferating the legacy of this iconic local organization by enhancing the company’s marketing materials. This meant, doing a total “renovation” of their signage and customer communications to create an extraordinary, invigorated new look for them.
The Solution: Successful Design and an Ongoing Relationship
Thanks to the updated signage and the totally new brand we created for them, Broadway San Diego’s season ticket sales soared to record levels that same year. They were so delighted with the tremendous customer response that they decided to have Mance Creative redesign their entire website the following year. Attention to detail was given to each page to ensure that every image wowed the customer, and a mobile website was created for today’s tech-savvy customers who prefer to have information at their fingertips. Broadway San Diego continues to break sales records year after year and Mance Creative continues to be their lead graphic design firm.
- Uses the latest HTML5 and CSS3 technology;
- WordPress with enhanced and custom CMS features;
- Responsive mobile technology for increased usability on major mobile devices;
- Customized Events Management system to make the adding and removal of shows more automated and seamless;
- Clean and modern aesthetic with the main focus being on the shows;
- Updated site map for better UX;
- Large and vibrant image graphics for better user-friendliness and flow;
- CSS3 animations and hover effects for enhanced aesthetics;
- Hero image slideshow of show images and show dates;
- The ability to integrate dynamic Ticketmaster functions;
- Embedded Social Media Feeds;
- Enhanced SEO optimization;
We have thoroughly enjoyed working with Mance Creative. Their hard work and professionalism is illustrated in all of their deliverables. Throughout our relationship they have worked in tandem with our existing marketing team to create the highest quality vehicles in an effort to enhance our communication strategy and execution.
Director of Marketing & Business Development